BRF Learning Hub Students unveil powerful ‘RESILIENCE’ art exhibition in collaboration with Abbey Hotel Bath Bath Rugby Foundation, in collaboration with Abbey Hotel Bath and their resident Art Curator, Emma Taylor, are thrilled to announce the launch of our latest powerful ArtBar exhibition entitled, ‘RESILIENCE’. Emma, along with fellow Bath creative Jason Dorley-Brown, worked with Bath Rugby Foundation students to create vibrant, meaningful pieces of art and photography. The collection of work showcases the positive impact that Bath Rugby Foundation has on more than 4000 young lives each year. Emma and Jason spent time with the young learners, helping them with their photographic skills and creating a collaborative piece of artwork. Emma Taylor, Artist in Residence said, “It was so inspiring to see how much the young learners threw themselves into this project. Their enthusiasm was infectious and they were keen to collaborate together. By doing this, it enabled them to push themselves out of their comfort zone which enhanced their confidence.” Sarah Moon, Abbey Hotel Bath, Marketing Manager comments, “It is an honour for the hotel to be able to host its second Bath Rugby Foundation Art Exhibition, following on from the success of our 2021 collaborative showcase. Not only is this a chance for us to support the charity with a unique fundraising opportunity, as all artwork is for sale, it also allows us to support the students on their journey to grow their self-confidence, develop resilience and continue on their journey of gaining independence. We could not be more thrilled to have the opportunity to host this powerful exhibition. POSITIVE IMPACT OF ART During the sessions, it was clear to see the positive impact that art and photography can have on young people. It encouraged critical thinking, allowed them to express themselves and importantly acted as a constructive distraction from the ongoing anxieties of life by creating a real sense of achievement and purpose. For many, it was also about being able to do something positive, in a relaxed, calm environment and being able to chat to friends, whilst ‘creating’. Edmund – Bath Rugby HITZ Officer said, “Bath Rugby HITZ supports young adults 16-24 years of age who are not in employment, education or training. Learners who are enrolled with us sign up to educational courses delivered through our partner organisation SCL, as well as gaining a qualification we deliver enrichment lessons to aid the development of teamwork, respect, enjoyment discipline and sportsmanship. Learners often join HITZ following school dropout and in need of support. We recruit from areas across BANES and Wiltshire and work closely with local organisations to offer work experience opportunities, support with homelessness, substance misuse and life skills. Relationships with local business are vital to the overall development and progression of our young people. Having Emma and Jason in to work with our young people has offered them new skills, experiences in the art industry and the chance to express themselves in a new way. Halena Coury – Bath Rugby Foundation Head of Fundraising comments, “Working with Abbey Hotel Bath and their resident artists has been another wonderful collaboration for our students. The exhibition is aptly named Resilience and we’re a charity that helps young people who need all kinds of emotional, practical, and physical support - but don't get it. Resilience is at the core of what we do. We put our hearts and souls into helping any challenged young person stop feeling judged, crushed, or underestimated and start feeling self-assured, hopeful, and happy. We re-ignite confidence and self-worth in young people and give them the life skills and opportunities to not only survive but to thrive in the world. Opportunities to work with partners and professionals help upskill our students for a brighter future. The final pieces for sale are wonderful and well worth a visit over this summer. The student’s art pieces are available to view and purchase, alongside artwork created by HITZ officer Edmund Anderson, David Scotland (Bath Rugby Foundation Chair of Trustees) and local artists, Emma Taylor and Jason Dorley Brown. The ‘Resilience’ exhibition will run from late July until mid-September, with 35% of sales going directly to Bath Rugby Foundation and the remaining 65% going straight to the Foundation student/artist. Admission into the ArtBar to view the exhibition is FREE between 10am & 11pm daily - everyone is welcome. Join us for a first look 'Private View Evening' - Thursday 4th August 6-9pm, with a chance to meet some of the artists and teams from Bath Rugby Foundation and Abbey Hotel Bath.